As part of AMS’s ever expanding range of poly and shrink wrapping equipment, AMS are UK suppliers of the X-Bag, a low cost Vertical Form Fill & Seal (VFFS) packaging machine. From nuts and seeds to bolts and hardware, the X-Bag VFFS machine increases productivity and improves the shelf life and presentation of products. The flexible machine is ideal for bagging products in a wide number of settings including bakeries, supermarkets, fruit and vegetable markets, healthcare facilities and hospitals, hardware stores, logistics hubs and spare parts warehouses.
Vertical form fill seal is a method of packing where the bag is created during the filling process. In simple terms, it involves feeding the product into a bag vertically as opposed to horizontally.
VFFS is a flexible, quick way of getting a loose, dry product into air-tight, portion-controlled packs. These are known as free flowing products. Depending on the material of bag and laminate used VFFS can preserve your food or product. Commonly anything loose, granular and relatively dry are wrapped using an X-Bag. Things like powders, rubs, spices, sweets, seeds, sand beads, blends or ingredients. VFFS can also be used for non-food products.
• From 50mm to 600mm (with belt for long products)
• From 15micron to 50micron
There are lots of different materials that can be used to make the bag. Normally a Polyethylene (PE) film is used, a common type of plastic. This a strong, robust material that has good sealing properties and will keep many products fresh for a reasonable length of time. Also Polyolefin, Macro-punched, Micro-punched, Cartene Plastic and Biodegradable.
1. The machine is prepared by loading the appropriate film roll
2. The film winds through a series of rollers and is shaped into a tube
3. The tube is closed at the bottom by clamps creating the bottom of the bag
4. The raw material is dropped into the half formed bag
5. The bag is sealed at the top
6. This seal forms the bottom of the next bag
7. The bottom seal is cut in the middle separating the bag from the next one